On busy days at home (which day isn't?) the subjis are often simple. Here's a prime example and a family favorite:
- 7 c brussels
- 4-5 T ghee
- 1/4 hing
- 1/2 t ground coriander
- 1/4 t black pepper
- 1 1/2- 2 c water
- salt, as desired
- a squeeze of lemon (optional)
- In a frying pan on high, chaunce in the hot ghee the hing and then the coriander and pepper.
- Add the brussels and stir fry a few minutes until they begin browning.
- Add water and cover. Cook on high heat until the water evaporates and brussels are tender and a little brown at the bottom, but moist, not dry.. If not fully cooked, add more water and keep cooking until done. (the brussels pictures are half way done. They usually shrink more and brown a little more)
- Add salt and a little lemon juice as desired and offer.