Found this recipe online. I steamed my beets the first time and got lots of positive feedback. Steamed or raw the recipe is a good one. I also used more salt than the original recipe called for.
- 1 c raw beets, peeled, grated
- 2 T ghee
- 1/2 t bl mustard seeds
- 1/2 t cumin
- 1/2 small green chili, chopped
- 5 curry leaves
- 1 pinch hing
- 1 c yogurt
- 1 T cilantro
- salt, as desired
- In hot ghee, fry the mustard seeds and cumin, chili and curry leaves.
- When the mustard seeds stop popping, add the hing. Pour this into the yogurt.
- Add the beets and cilantro and then salt.
- Stir to mix nicely before offering to Krishna.